We're Getting Hitched!

We're Getting Hitched!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Food, friends and vino

Before I start, I must rejoice in the fact that my luggage FINALLY arrived!  It is so good to have all my clothes with me!

I believe I left off on our third day in Tuscany.  On Monday, we found out that our luggage had been found and would be delivered that day, so we decided to hang around the villa and wait for it.  When the doorbell rang we jumped up and ran to the door only to find that they just had one suitcase not both of them.  Of course, mine was the one to still be missing, but we were assured it would be there later that evening or the next morning.  Well it didn't show up that night, or the next morning and of course that day there was a huge lightning storm which my little flats and Italian sundress were no match for.  I sent Robert to the reception to have them call the airport and find out what was going on.  He came back with directions to a "superstore" and the assurance that my luggage would arrive later that day.  We didn't want to just hang around the villa again, and the weather started clearing up so we went to the store and bought some clothes just in case the luggage didn't make it.  

We then headed toward the town San Gimgnano.  On our way, we went to a few wineries to taste, but only one was open so we headed towards the town center.  You can see San G from where we are staying because it has several tall towers.  Its another old old town that is just breathtaking.  We wandered around for awhile and had our first Italian gelato, which was delicious.  

Our villa was having a wine tasting and dinner, so we headed out from San G.  When we got back, we had enough time to drop everything off and my luggage was waiting for me!  I can't explain how happy I was, but maybe this picture will sum it up:




Dinner that night was a lot of fun.  We went on a tour of Le Torri's wine production center, got to taste their wines and had a delicious dinner with other guests at the villa.  There was a group of people from California as well as Pennsylvania and a Brazilian family who live in Switzerland.  I spent the evening teaching their kids some English words and having them teach me Brazilian (I don't remember much, probably due to the wine consumption!).  Robert even gave them a small concert!

Wednesday morning, we woke up early to have breakfast and then headed out on another touring adventure.  We were told that the city Siena has a huge market on Wednesdays and we decided to check it out.  The city center was huge and it took us awhile to find parking and then find the location of the market.  Basically, it was a large flea market with knock off clothing, purses, shoes and even animals.  We wandered around for about an hour and a half and still hadn't seen everything.  We went back to move our car and headed for the center of Siena where the Duomo was.  The old part of Siena is like a maze.  There is so much to see and it just keeps going and going and going.  It is very beautiful though, and we were able to go up to the top of one of the towers near the giant cathedral and get a gorgeous view of the city.  Pictures of that coming soon.

The internet connection at the villa is spotty, so I will have to post more pictures when I find a better connection.  Its almost dinner time here, so I am signing off!  I will update more in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment