We're Getting Hitched!

We're Getting Hitched!

Monday, February 27, 2012

Picking a theme for the wedding...

One of the first things I started thinking about (besides finding a venue) was the theme for our wedding.  I wanted something that really fit both our personalities and described our relationship.  Whenever we went on long car rides, we would chat about what theme we would like for the wedding and came up with a few, but none really clicked or seemed cohesive with other aspects of the wedding.  We thought of using romantic theatrical plays or operas, Shakespearean plays, and book titles, but it just wasn't clicking.  As I was perusing through a bridal magazine, I saw an article on "storybook" themed weddings and I showed it to Robert and we both loved it right away.

Now I'm sure you are asking, how does this describe their relationship?  Lets go back a ways; one of my favorite Disney movies and the "princess" that I connected with the most was Beauty and the Beast. A few years ago, my mom found a Lennox figurine set with Belle and the Beast, however she felt that having the Beast on the cake was a little offensive to Robert and wrote to Lennox that they should create a set with Belle and the Prince.  A year later, they came out with that figurine, so my mom bought it as well.  Also, for our one year anniversary, I told Robert not to buy me any gifts, but to make me something.  He made me Storybook cookies and pulled them out one by one and told me the story.  Here are a few of the cookies:





The final piece of the puzzle was the television show we were watching when he proposed, "Once Upon a Time".  Funny enough, the episode was the Beauty and the Beast episode.  It was meant to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment